Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm BACK.....

It's been a hectic week but certainly a productive one! I have been working with the most wonderful women on a new endeavor, which is our VAST newsletter.
VAST is the Visual Artists Street Team for etsy whose goal is to promote the Visual Artists trying to sell their wares on etsy. SO...."VAST eye" (Keeping An Eye On The Visual Artists Of Etsy)was born and I think we have done a magnificent job in pulling together a newsletter that is stylish, yet informative and sales- oriented. ALL IN 7 DAYS!! We are just tweaking now and hopefully it will be ready for print by Thursday. It will be available as a printout for VAST etsy members to distribute in the shops and restaurants in their area, in hopes of boosting our holiday sales! Hence, the zero time budget we gave ourselves.
So I have not been art-ing very much though I have to say...I have been reflecting on my art and where it's going. (I know, that's no news here! lol)
I know I am DEFINATELY in some kind of transition period. And as you all know I have been experimenting with different artist's techniques. (Just wait till you see some of the pics that I hope to get uploaded today or tomorrow- talk about running the gamut!)
BUT I realized, I am still trying to fit into "a box". And I am restraining myself, to some degree by doing this. And I can tell you one thing I know about myself...RESTRAINT and BlueJude are RARELY synonymous! I kind of like to work from raw emotion, getting down and dirty with my paint and colors and letting it rip and flow. Something I haven't done in a while. But I am finding out that there are nights when I want to do something very thoughtful and nice, and well...a little more restrained. So I can only say, that I hope through all this exploring and experimentation, I will come out with a happy medium that is truly of BlueJude style, and not some pre-ordained categorized, nicely boxed in, mixed media art.
OH and one more thing! I just received my copy of Vickie Enkoff's Zine "Creative Choices" whre she gave me a wonderful full-page color spread! The zine is quite impressive and informative and definately worthwhile. Even, my daughter insists we subscribe! So please...check out all the wonderful things this insightful woman has to offer by going to...http://www.vickieenkoff.com
Hope everyone is off to great creative week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I'd love to learn more about VAST!

Sounds like you're also spending a lot of time in self-reflection and trying to figure out who you are artisticly. I think that's something we all struggle with! You keep it up! You have a style that is totally you and is AWESOME!

xxoo, Fran

Terri Stegmiller said...

Congrats on the zine spread Darcy! Welcome back!

Suzie Q said...

Glad to have you back with us, Darcy, and to see that so much good stuff has been going on while you were 'absent'!

Hugs,
Q xXx