Friday, November 17, 2006

BookMarking Time...


"Keeper Of Words" Darcy Altaville c.2006
TAH DAH! This is what I've been working on most of the week. My "Funky Chunky Bookmarks"! This is just one of the designs. It's funny because I just wanted to do a few bookmarks for my shop, but not sure what I wanted to do. Then I was talking to my daughter one night and I was saying how much I love books, and I love bookmarks but I rarely use 'em cause I laways lose 'em. Well, this is the bookmark that's hard to lose and a delight to use. They will be available at my etsy shop here: http://www.BlueJudeShop.etsy.com
Anyhoo, I became obsessed with making them and still have more designs to go.
And considering that I still have this nasty headcold, they were a bit easier to manage than working on one of my mixed media pieces. Which I think I'm avoiding at the moment, hence the obsession with bookmarks!
AND I can't believe Thanksgiving is a week away!! Why is it that the older you get, the faster time seems to slip away from you? It seems like just yesterday I was making a big Thanksgiving Tree from posterboard for my two children. Over the course of two weeks, they had to paste leaves (that I cut from construction paper) onto the tree with sayings of what they were thankful for. I'll never forget my daughter writing she was "thankful for makeup". She was five!! Too funny.
Wish I could have captured them in a little snowglobe, that I could climb into every now and again. Oh well, guess we just have to settle for the memories of our mind. I hope everyone has a great creative weekend! AND if you have a book lover on your Christmas list, don't forget my "Funky Chunky Bookmarks"!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so cool. I'm glad you're able to be creative while you've got that icky cold. Take care of yourself, ok? xoxo Fran

Anonymous said...

Love the bookmarks, Darcy! Hope you're soon feeling better.
Healing Hugs, Suze xXx

Anonymous said...

These are great Darcy. I love the colorful fibers on top.

Maija said...

They are fabuolous bookmarks! The creative juices are flowing!