Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Journal Ponderings...Releasing Possibilities....



Okay, here is another journal page from my "cut, paste, and play" journal or shortly put...Fall 2006 Journal! This one says..."Let Your Imagination Release Your Possibilities" which is exactly what I am trying to do. Not worry about the end product, which as you all know is not an easy task.

While scanning it into Adobe and trying to adjust to get it close to the original (again, not an easy task...at least not with my scanner!) I started fiddling around with hue and saturation. I found that I almost liked the digitally altered page better. Though it is a little pink, for my taste. But I started wondering, that if we had an original piece of art, and then digitally altered it, is the digitalized piece a lesser art form? And what does it say about the original? What does it say about the artist? And would you sell a digitally altered piece of YOUR art? Hmmm....What do you think? .....a pondering bluejude, off to play some more and hoping to find some direction while releasing my possibilities.

4 comments:

winnsangels said...

They are all so interesting. I know what you mean about difficulty with scanners. Feels like my first ATCs don't look anything like what the real ones are.
But regarding using digitally altered, I'm not certain. I've just had printed some of the collages I did totally digitally(other than quick and easy background which I scanned) and I'm planning to apply to embossed cards. I think that sounds sort of like what you're talking about, maybe?

Tanaya said...

I really like these. And you're right, sometimes the accidental alterings turn out better than your original. I guess that is why we should always try to stay open to the possibilities!

Terri Stegmiller said...

I have this same problem with color. You also have to wonder if your item would sell better in the new color format. Some colors grab people more than others.

PennyBlue said...

OH Nanc...you are too kind. I don't know that Zetti is the word for it. More like BlueJude oddities! But hey...odd isn't neccesarily bad, right? If nothing else at least it's not boorriinngg! (yawn) okay enuf...