Tuesday, April 10, 2007

LISTEN....

"Listen" by D.Altaville c.2006
This is an abstract from my past work. I am putting them up on etsy as I would like to start doing more abstracts. Of course, it would be nice to finish up some of the many pieces that I have already started. You know me, something always in progress, somethings always left undone (which kind of annoys me about myself). Jumping around like a bean from one genre/series to the next. And as you can see, I'm getting into the watermark thing. I should probably put it on all my works on etsy...but where does a girl find the time?
Anyhooo....it'll be interesting to see how my abstracts do.
And of course I will continue to cut, paste and play and do my funky journal pages so there will be more of them to come too. Afterall that is my playtime!
So what do you all think of Abstract BlueJude?

9 comments:

p said...

I liked this immediately upon first glance. Draws me in, the mouth area is very intriguing. Do you really want a 'critique'?...if so, I like the eye but there is something about the rectangle that is just a little off for me. Or maybe its the nose. I feel like I want more in that area. something needs to blend better. Just a tweak..nothing huge.
I keep looking at it and get the feeling of an indian that has either disappeared or is emerging. Its ghostly and strangely spiritual.

Gerushia's New World said...

I think it's so interesting that two artists can critique the same piece and come up with interesting differences in opinion.

Self taught artist feels an emptiness in the nose area. And I think there is an emptiness in that area, BUT...for me, that empty area is what I love. That's what draws me in. The shape of the hint of the nose and the colors are what I see first. Even before the eye, I was drawn to the nose area.

Very interesting difference of personal opinion!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Ki said...

I cannot tell you how awesome that piece is to me.

Heather said...

This really spoke to me in the first few minutes of looking at it...I really was struck by the tone, texture and placement...I love this work, I do hope you will do more abstracts and share with us soon...all I can say is WOW...it's really incredible...I am speachless...that's a first for me.

turquoise cro said...

Love abstracts!!! How do you do that watermark??? I should probably do that when I post!

Lisa said...

I love it. I love the richness and the quirkiness of it.

Evie said...

Oh, I love this - the great thing about abstracts is that everyone sees something different! Evie x

Mark said...

I love the way color frames this piece. I am a newcomer here, but think I will definitely be back to see more of your abstracts. I certainly like this one.

Fran S said...

I really like this one. I love the color, the incomplete face... It's a keeper! :) xoxo, Fran