Thursday, May 10, 2007

ABSTRACTIONS & DISTRACTIONS


"Lucky Number 836" & "Lucky Number 613" D.Altaville c.2007
Yes, I have been doing some number abstractions lately. It might have something to do with the little guy's incessant counting and obsession with numbers. This kid can count!!
And he can also add...all day long! lol
AND I have sooooo many unfinished pieces to get to, it's not even funny. I have canvases, journal pages, mixed media collage work, all scattered and stacked....ALL UNFINISHED!!
Is anyone else like that? Starting things and jumping from one thing to the next?
So hopefully, sometime soon I will have a bunch of new stuff in etsy.
In the meantime I've been distracted by Spring Cleaning (yup finally got those windows done-well, most of them!) and spiffin' up the yard and plantin my tomatoes and cukes! YUM!
And we got a brand new picnic table, solid pine that I just stained a lovely shade of green blue the other day. What would bluejude's yard be...without color? Well, it wouldn't be bluejude's yard at all! lol AND I have a nifty painted birdhouse that I have to find a spot for.
Love those birdies! AND I think this year we are going to add a butterfly bush to the yard. I LOVE THEM! I had one at my last house and it was marvelous! Lot's of butterflies fluttering about! A must have for anyone who likes gardens, blloms, and butterflies.
So it's a beautiful day and now I am off to get the little guy from preschool and hopefully get some of those pieces completed!
Happy Thursday All!

6 comments:

p said...

well your post sounds a bit peppier than the comment you left :)
nothing like cleaning to clean the mind. Thanks for posting the numbers, I like the direction you are going in with the abstract. Maybe if you keep things all messy it will continue to foster working in abstract!

LadyTulip said...

The abstracts are quite nice -- a good change from some of your other work.

and yess ~~ I too start and ignore projects all the time. I think I have 5 or so in the studio now waiting...waiting...

lauri

Gerushia's New World said...

I can't even begin to tell you how many projects that I have going right now. I think I've become a little spoiled by being able to "spit" out so many prints of my work. I really need to get some new pieces done and listed. Although, right now on Etsy, it doesn't seem like there's much reason to list anything. For some reason, all of a sudden, I'm not even getting any views. I don't know what's going on.

How's your shop doing lately? Are your views down?

Kim
Garden Painter Art

PennyBlue said...

Views are down...I think they have a bug of some sort...a chink in the armor is all!

turquoise cro said...

I need a picnic table too! I've been thinkin of butterfly bushes!!! Might have to get some now! Been fighting bees here! Why do they LOVE porches! Your # art is groovy!

Gypsy Purple said...

Hope you had a lovely Mothers Day...